ACE: Alta Community Enrichment is having their 26th annual Snowflake Festival & Chili Cook-off this week, March 22-March 25. It’s an annual festival in Little Cottonwood Canyon to celebrate the ski season. Bring your family and friends to the festivities.
- Thursday March 22: Glow in the Dark Neon Dance Party at Lady of Snow. Entry: $5 Shredmunds is going to be bringing all the sounds, along with an eye-opening light & visual display. Be sure to wear your favorite neon colors and your dancing shoes. It’s going to be one crazy night that will be glowing with excitement.
- Friday March 23: There will be a Gnome Hunt!! Bring the kidos to search for gnome hidden in the Westward Ho area. You have all day to search for the Gnome. If you are lucky to find him, bring the gnome to the base of Wildcat/Collins at 5pm.
- Friday March 23: There will also be a snowman competition. Bring the supplies and build the best snowman! You will need to have them built by 12:30pm and the judges from Alta School will decide on a winner by 5pm and post of facebook. Please notify ACE via email or Facebook that you will be participating in the competition.
- Friday March 23: FIELD DAY!! Activities will be just east of the base of Wildcat Ticket office. At 4:15pm a Dizzy Bat and Potato Sack race will begin, followed by a fly casting competition at 4:45pm. After you win those competitions bring your game face to the Hole in One competition at 5:15pm. It’s only $2 for two hits. After the hole in one competition you can join the Archery Competition at 5:30pm. There will be two styles for the competition, compound and recurve. At 5:30pm there will also be a Tug-O-War competition. Bring your team and be ready to win! You can sign up for these FIELD DAY activities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, March 24: Ski with a Ranger for free. Meet at the Cecret lift at 1:30pm. Decorate your ski poles and bring them to the Collins lift at 1pm for judging. At 6pm come to Lady of the Snows for Zenko fine meat and cheese Bingo night. Come honor the late Scott Zenko. Be sure to wear yellow in memory of Scott because he always wore yellow. Feel free to bring something to share.
- Sunday, March 25: Ski with a Ranger for free. Meet at the Cecret lift at 1:30pm. The Chili Cook Off will begin at Goldminers Daughter Lounge at 6pm. It costs $5 to taste. If you have a mad-good chili recipe bring 6qts to share and pre-register your chili at email@example.com. A mustache competition will also take place during the chili cook off.
All proceeds will raise funds for ACE.
Contact: Alta Community Enrichment, Phone: 801-898-2912